Terms & Conditions
Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking this retreat and note that ‘Shine From Within’ is referred to quite often as this is the trading name of Amanda’s business.
- A booking for the 2024 Space Retreat is committed to by the participant (you) when first payment is made (either full payment or payment plan activated) and by doing so, you agree and accept the terms and conditions outlined on this page.
- The retreat is NOT confirmed to go ahead until you receive a personal confirmation email from Amanda Rootsey in approximately late Feb 2024. Any confirmation emails received at the time of booking are simply a confirmation that you place is confirmed, should the retreat go ahead.
- Guests must obtain full travel insurance within 14 days of booking the retreat covering all medical expenses, retreat activities and a trip cancellation policy in the event that the retreat is cancelled or in case of a personal emergency that will prevent you from attending.
- Every guest must provide Amanda’s business, Shine From Within, with full insurance details at the request of Shine From Within.
- Guests must be at least 18 years of age to attend this retreat.
- Guests acknowledge that unvaccinated guests may be in attendance and take full responsibility for their own health and wellbeing.
- At least 50% of payment must be received in full prior to the retreat commencement, even if a payment plan is selected. If the retreat commencement date is less than a month away then full upfront payment is required to secure the booking.
- If a payment plan is selected and any payment defaults, Shine From Within reserves the right to cancel the reservation and retain any monies already paid.
- The guest is responsible to pay for all extra services not included in the selected retreat package. This includes flights, transfers, travel insurance, any sightseeing activities or meals outside of the villa that are not part of the retreat program.
- All prices for this retreat do not include GST. GST will be added when you add ‘Australia’ to the billing country. GST is of course not added for any international guests attending.
- The retreat does not include airfares or transfers. We strongly recommend that you wait until the trip is confirmed to run by receipt of a final confirmation email in approximately Feb 2024 before booking airfares or making any non-refundable travel arrangements.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended for all travellers, and if purchased, should be taken out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance should provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with all recommended minimum coverage of AUD$200,000. Shine From Within strongly recommends it covers cancellation, curtailment, and all other expenses that might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay, illness preventing your trip or inconvenience.
Participants of any Shine From Within retreat must obtain comprehensive travel insurance or have medical insurance to attend our retreats/workshops/events including, but not limited to, cover for medical expenses, evacuation charges, force majeure events and trip cancellations.
By booking in for this retreat, you understand that Shine From Within reserves the right to request proof of your travel insurance. You understand that obtaining travel insurance is your responsibility and Shine From Within is not liable for any damages arising from your failure to obtain travel insurance.
Right to Refuse Service
- Shine from Within and the retreat organisers reserve the right to accept, decline, or retain any person as a participant at the Retreat at any time without liability and without any obligation to pay a refund or any other amount whatsoever. There will be a code of conduct and community guidelines that must be adhered to during the retreat to ensure the safety of all participants. Failure to act in accordance with these guidelines may result in the participant being asked to leave the retreat. Shine From Within take no responsibility or liability for any participant who leaves the Retreat prior to its conclusion or for any activity undertaken by any participant that is not included on the Schedule of Events or other itinerary.
It is the responsibility of the guest to read and understand our cancellation policy before making a reservation. If you as a retreat participant have to cancel your place at the retreat for any reason, including but not limited to bad weather, natural disasters, acts of terrorism, flight delays or cancellations, illness, COVID restrictions, health conditions, government travel restrictions, medical or personal or family or work emergencies, or change of mind, the policy is as follows:
- In the event of cancellation by the guest, regardless of the circumstances, the following refund fees apply:
– Cancellation 30 days or less before due arrival date, 0% refund and full payment due.
– Cancellation more than 30 days before due arrival date, full refund minus a AUD$500 non-refundable fee.
- In the event of cancellation by Shine From Within due to too few people booking in or change of circumstances, participant may choose to be transferred to another date or be issued a 100% refund of any and all payments made. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage (either direct or consequential) or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation (including but not limited to visa and passport fees and expenses, flights, flight cancellation and reservation fees, and vaccination costs). Shine From Within strongly recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
In the event of a refund, Shine From Within is not responsible for fluctuations in currency exchange rates and will refund in Australian dollars via the payment gateway used for payment.
- Shine From Within does not offer credit for a guest arriving late or leaving early. This includes unforeseen issues such as family-related illness, or COVID diagnosis.
- Shine From Within reserves the right to change its location due to unforeseen issues (e.g. third-party delays or problems, construction, accessibility requirements, etc.). Shine From Within will ensure the standard be kept the same in all the partnering villas/resorts.
- Shine From Within reserves the right to change or amend this policy at any time. The current policy is always applicable.
- If Shine From Within are prevented from performing any of their obligations under this Agreement by acts of God, strikes, pandemic outbreaks, trade disputes, fire, weather, breakdowns, personal illness, interruption of transport, government or political action, acts of war or terrorism, acts or omissions of a third party or for any other cause whatsoever outside Shine From Within and the organiser’s reasonable control, Shine From Within will be under no liability whatsoever to you and may either cancel or postpone the retreat. In this event, Shine From Within will be under no liability whatsoever to you, regardless of when this occurs.
- Shine From Within reserves the right to cancel any retreat due to any government travel warning or advisory. In this event, Shine From Within will be under no liability whatsoever to you. Shine From Within strongly advises you to obtain comprehensive travel insurance.
Assumption of Risk
- I am aware of and hereby acknowledge the inherent risks associated with Retreat or Program activities, including, but not limited to, the risks associated with yoga, dance, art, mountain or nature excursions, hiking, swimming, snorkelling, stand up paddle boarding, foreign travel, and any other activities associated with the Retreat or Program I am attending. I am aware of the risks of injury, death, and property damage that may result from, among other causes, the acts or omissions of Shine From Within, Retreat Leaders, and their owners, operators, officers, employees, independent contractors, representatives, and/or agents. I further assume all risks associated with my participation in the Retreat or Program including, without limitation, the risk of negligent or intentional acts of omissions or theft by other participants or third parties, and the risk of injury caused by the condition of any property, facilities or equipment used during the Retreat or Program. While reasonable care is taken, Shine From Within cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal possessions or valuables of guests.
Release of Liability
- I, in exchange for $100 (included in the total payment for the Retreat or Program), voluntarily and while realizing the full legal significance of my action, waive and release, on behalf of myself, my heirs and my estate, all claims of whatever nature against Shine From Within, Retreat Leaders, and their owners, operators, officers, employees, independent contractors, representatives, and/or agents including, but not limited to, claims of any injury, loss, damage, accident, delay, irregularity or expense caused by strikes, war, weather, sickness, quarantine, government restrictions, or arising from any act or omission of any airline, railroad, bus company, hotel, restaurant, school or university, firm, agency or individual, or for any other cause whatsoever arising out of, resulting from or in connection with the Retreat or Program.
- Shine From Within shall not be liable for any unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our normal control, which the consequences of could not have been avoided even when exercising all due care. Such circumstances or events include, but are not limited to, pandemic outbreak, war or threat of war, riot, civil unrest, industrial disputes or strikes, accidents or failure to perform by third parties, including suppliers and subcontractors, unavoidable technical problems with the accommodation, transport or closure or congestion of airports, terrorist activity, natural disasters, industrial disasters, fire, theft, flooding and adverse weather conditions. In the event of any the above, refunds and compensation payments cannot be made.
- Shine From Within accepts no liability for loss, damage, injury or illnesses which may be received during the guest’s stay or travelling to and from the retreat.
- Shine From Within is not liable for any injuries or losses to guests, in the use of retreat facilities or participation in activities. All guests must take responsibility for their own medical and physical fitness and take care when using our facilities and participating in activities.
- Shine From Within cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions or valuables of guests.
- Shine From Within is not liable for any losses or damages to guests in the event that the retreat needs to be cancelled for any reason by Shine From Within, e.g. flight costs.
Indemnification and hold harmless
- It is expressly understood and agreed that Shine From Within is not providing personal chaperones or supervision with respect to this Retreat or Program and that I am responsible for my individual conduct, health and safety at all times. I agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Shine From Within, Retreat Leaders, and their owners, operators, officers, employees, independent contractors, representatives, and/or agents for any and all demands, costs, losses, expenses, claims, recoveries, judgments and liabilities (including attorneys’ fees) of any nature arising out of, or in consequence of, my acts, words, conduct, etc. in any way connected with my participation in the Retreat or Program including, but not limited to, damage to property, any injuries or death sustained by any person(s).
Modification of retreat program or accommodation
- I understand that political upheaval or other political issues and/or prevailing weather conditions and/or the needs of other members in the group may cause minor inconvenience or modification to portions of the Retreat or Program. Shine From Within and the Retreat Leaders, reserve the right to modify and/or cancel any tour arrangements due to reasonable circumstances.
- Shine From Within reserves the right to change its location due to unforeseen issues (e.g. third-party delays or problems, construction, etc.) or if deemed to be a better retreat experience. Shine From Within will ensure the standard be kept the same in all the partnering accomodation/villas/resorts.
Data Use and Protection
- Participants agree that they may be photographed and/or filmed during their stay and/or activities in connection with Shine From Within, and also agrees that Shine From Within may use such recordings for promotion and/or advertising purposes without any prior consent.
- You agree that you are not entitled to remuneration, residuals, royalties or any other payment in respect of your image/likeness or its use. You release, discharge, and hold harmless, Shine From Within and it’s agents from any and all claims, demands or causes of actions that you may hereafter have by reason of anything contained in the photographs or video.
Jurisdiction: Choice of Law Venue
This Waiver and Terms are governed by and to be construed in accordance with the laws of Queensland, and the Commonwealth of Australia. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland.
If any of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of the Terms which will continue in full force and effect.
This Waiver is a legally binding agreement and will be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
If any provision of this Waiver is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the Waiver shall remain in full force and effect and shall in no way be impaired.
Knowing and voluntary Execution
I acknowledge that I have carefully read this Waiver, understand its contents, and understand that this Waiver includes a release of liability and an assumption of the risk. I acknowledge that Shine From Within, Retreat Leaders, is materially relying on this waiver and is allowing you to engage in activities including but not limited to yoga, dance, art, swimming, stand up paddle boarding, and mountain nature excursions, etc.
Disclosure of Pertinent Information
It is essential that any pertinent information, including any social, emotional or physical problems that might limit your active participation in Shine From Within retreats or programs be discussed with the directors prior to acceptance and attendance in a Retreat or Program. We want this to be a successful experience for the participant and Shine From Within.